Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Looking Ahead


Helen writes excellently on what Lent is about, or should not be about. She gives a great reminder that 'lent was made for us, not us for lent'.

One thing that Lent maybe for, in my mind, is to prepare our hearts for Easter, to take the 40 days to think on what God has done, to 'come close to God and allow him to come close to us'.

How we do this is a very personal thing as Helen points out.

A while ago I took this pic from inside my car on the way to Norfolk. I have been using it during Lent as it sums up what this season is all about to me. Looking ahead, wondering what is in the distance of, and with, God. Looking ahead to focus and see more of God.

As I look ahead more, the picture becomes foggier. As I experience more of God, I realise I know a lot less than I thought.

No comments: