Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Daily Reading

Rituals are good! Their danger is that, when they are worshipped with blind devotion, they can end up obscuring what they are meant to reveal.

One of my daily rituals is logging onto my online newsreader (currently Rojo) and catching up with a diverse diet of feeds. I want time on my computer to lead me on in my relationship with God rather than distract me away, so I've made sure my "blogroll" is seeded with plenty of thought-provoking writers and also daily readings from the One Year Bible Blog.

This morning I caught an interesting Lent related posting from Tony on "Storyteller's World", called Giving It Up for Lent and thought I'd pass that gleaning on.

By the way, one of the ways I try to keep my daily ritual serving it's purpose is to participate in the ongoing conversation, regularly posting to my own blog as well as participating in various discussion forums. What about the rest of you in this shared Lent blog? How can I find out more about who I'm talking with?

No comments: